Monday, April 9, 2012


So Easter is over with, I did go see the flower display at the Palazo here in Vegas and was a bit disappointed. I was expecting better but evenzo It is always fun to walk around and people watch down on the strip. Afterwards we went to the "Peppermill" for a very unhealthy but ooooh sooo good breakfast. I eat more chocolate then I should have but am going on another 2 day cleanse tomorrow to stick to my original plan on being bikini ready at the end of the month.

And while I was truly enjoying my french toast I was trying to explain to my boyfriend that he also needed to cleanse/ alkalize his body by doing a cleanse... he just kinda looked at me funny and asked me what that was, which made me wonder how many times I have used that term and not explained why or what that is.


So here go's: Wikipedia says: alkalinity or At measures the ablility of a solution to neutralize acids to the equivalence point of carbonate or bicarbonate.
This is the scientific basic explanation. As you know, our bodies mirror the universe, so the human body in his constant work has to neutralize acids as well. Usually, the human body is slightly alkaline with a pH 7.36-7.44.

All foods are "burned" in the body--more commonly called "digested"-- leaving an ash as the result of the "burning", or the digestion. This food ash can be neutral, acid or alkaline, depending largely on the mineral composition of the foods.

When the body is acidic, essential nutrients tend to be depleted faster including potassium, magnesium, sodium and calcium. Harmful bacteria also breed faster in an acidic environment, producing infections and sickness, but cannot survive in an alkaline body. Some chronic conditions such as fatigue, anxiety, dry skin, back pain, depression, arthritis, gastritis, ulcers, cellular degeneration and osteoporosis are also linked with acidic diets.

What is an Acidic diet?
Lets take one of my typical Saturday's hanging out with my boyfriend going to the track or desert for a motorcycle ride.. we get up have either a big bowl of Acid cereal, or go out  to Timbers for a another Acid scrambled eggs, hash browns, toast, with acid juice breakfast. wash is down with Acid coffee and probably a Acid donut at the gas station before we head out of town. At lunch we usually have homemade sandwiches and water. However I will snack on Acid chips, cookies and such....

When we get home we bbq and usually have some fruit( finally some alkaline) but by now my body is trying to digest about 90% Acid product.  Which means I am tired, worn out, feel full, sluggish. You get the point. So think about what you eat for a few days, in terms of acid foods and how you feel afterwards.
When the body is acidic, essential nutrients tend to be depleted faster including potassium, magnesium, sodium and calcium. Harmful bacteria also breed faster in an acidic environment, producing infections and sickness, but cannot survive in an alkaline body. Some chronic conditions such as fatigue, anxiety, dry skin, back pain, depression, arthritis, gastritis, ulcers, cellular degeneration and osteoporosis are also linked with acidic diets.

Now on the upside of this, is that Alkaline food is mostly fresh raw food, so I usually try to eat as much fruit as I can  during the day, and as I already explained I cleanse to bring my body back into and "Alkaline" state. And to get even faster results, you can cleanse either a 2 day or 9 day with isagenix. and contact me if you have any questions on how to do this or for ordering just go to my website www.dianakautzman.isagenix.com.

Here is a list of some Alkaline foods:
cucumber, wheat grass, barley grass, broccoli sprouts, alfalfa sprouts, parsley, kale, sea vegetables, avocado, bell peppers, beets, broccoli, cabbage, celery, endive, collard, ginger, green beans, garlic, mustard greens, lettuce, onion, okra, tomato, spinach. Some nuts, seeds (sesame seeds) and oils are also good sources of alkalinity, particularly pumpkin seeds, almonds, further cold pressed oils like cod liver oil, evening primrose oil, coconut oil, flaxseed oil, fish oil.

No comments:

Post a Comment